Holiday Sewing





Come this time of the year, I am up to my ears in holiday gift making.  How about you?  Do you tend to make most of your gifts or buy them?  I am a mixture of both.  However, this year I seem to be making most.

I started off in November with a goal to make 12 or 13 quilts for gifts, a few pillows, and some stuffed dolls.  Then if I got all that finished, I had 4 additional quilts that I'd make.  Well, I am doing pretty well toward the first goal.  Up to this point, I have made 10 quilts.  I am working on the 11th and waiting for fabric for the 12th.  I think I'll get those finished along with the pillows and the dolls. But, I think I will have to wait until next Christmas for those other 4.

Here are just a few of the ones that I've made so far.


This quilt pattern is Scrap Happy by Vanessa Goertzen.  You can find it in her Charm School book.  I used Boundless 30s Revival fabric and Moda Bella Solids in Apron Strings Pink (9900 61) and Off- White (9900-200).


This is a new pattern of mine that I'll be publishing soon (follow me on Instagram for updates- @jessicadayon).  For the fabric, I've used Garden Variety by Vanessa Goertzen for Moda Fabrics and Moda Bella Solids Off- White (9900 200). 


This quilt pattern is Stars and Stripes by Sweetwater Fabric Co.  The red and blue fabrics and the backing are Freedom also by Sweetwater Fabric Co. for Moda Fabrics and the white is Project Red (5686 12) by Sweetwater Fabric Co. for Moda Fabrics.


I've also been working on the Royal Grounds Quilt by Stacy Iest Hsu.  This uses fabric from her line Once Upon A Time for Moda Fabrics.  This quilt pattern is amazingly adorable.  The piecing is somewhat tedious (but not hard).  However, it is totally worth it and this is going to make an amazing Christmas gift to my youngest daughter :)

What are your go to patterns for holiday gift making?  Let me know in the comments!  I'd love to hear!




Comments