Happy New Year!

Like lots of other people, I love the New Year...a good clean slate, fresh space for new goals, and motivation like crazy.  There are so many reasons to love the new year.  But, I do actually believe that we can chose to have our own New Year at any point in the year and we don't have to until January 1st to start over.

Anyhow, we are 2 weeks into 2019 and I'm still coming off the holiday :)  This one seemed busy (good busy) so I've been needing to move more slowly than usual lately.  But, I am starting to get back into the swing of things.

First off, my quilty goals for 2019.  I started quilting in the summer of 2017, so 2018 was my first New Year as a quilter.  I started that year off with some quilty goals and I loved making them and working on them.  I started 2019 the same way.  I made a list (pretty big :) ) of things that I want to accomplish this year as a quilter...just to name a few- hand quilt a quilt, learn needle turn appliqué, make a Hawaiian quilt block, release the patterns that I have written,  host a quilt along (or two)...the list goes on.

If you want to set some quilty goals but don't know where to start, I really like the Quilt Bucket List by American Patchwork and Quilting.  You can find it here.  I've printed out a copy and am going to be working through the list over the year as well.

Here are some things that will be coming up soon that you can look out for-

1. I'll be releasing this pattern soon- the Chance quilt.  This one uses a jelly roll, charm pack, and background fabric and it is so fun to make.



2. I also be releasing the pattern shown below soon.  I used Vanessa Goertzen's Garden Variety here and I just love the way it looks.  I have also dreamt up a solid version that I'd love to make soon.



3. I hosting a FREE Quilt Along!  At the end of 2018, I took some polls in my Instagram stories (follow me here).  One of the questions that I asked was if people were intimidated by setting a quilt on point. More than half of the people answered yes!

I created this quilt along to teach how to set a quilt on point.  It is fun, not intimidating at all!  The quilt along will start at the end of February/beginning of March.  There will be no official sign ups.  Make sure you are following me on Instagram (here). I'll be sharing all of the information there and there will be blog posts here that contain the details of the pattern.

Here is a sneak peek of the blocks in the quilt :) My goal was to use very basic blocks so that we can focus on the setting and not the blocks making technique.  I think an adventurous beginning could join in this quilt along!  Ask me any questions below this post or on Instagram.



4. I also joined the Moda Fabrics String Along!  I did this purely out of fun and oh my gosh, it's so fun!  You can read more about the String Along here.  I am following this tutorial and really loving every second of it!  I am going to work on this slowly over the course of 2019.  I have it in a basket right behind my sewing machine and when I can, I'll make a block or two and by the end of the year, I should have enough blocks to make a really big quilt!



5. I had an idea just the other day for another year long quilt project.  Its a fun and easy one and I'll be sharing more about it soon!


Thanks for following along!

Jessica

Comments