Moda Bake Shop: Countdown to Christmas 2019




Can you believe it is December 1st already?  This year has flown by and here we are counting down the last month of 2019.

For the past few years, Moda Bake Shop has had a free, countdown to christmas block a day sew along and we are running it again this year!  There is a lovely group of designers who have worked hard and designed a free block for each day of December all the way to Christmas day.  The countdown starts today!

I'll be sharing all of the blocks I made plus the links to each of the patterns and updating daily.  Happy Countdown to Christmas!!

Intro Post
December 1st- Snowfall

My version of the Snowfall block- I made the 24" size

December 2nd- The Christmas Gift (*see my notes below)


                        My version of the Christmas Gift- I made the 12" size* (*see my notes below)

*My notes on December 2nd- The Christmas Gift.  If you make the block as is in the post, you'll need to add a border to make the block measure 12.5" x 12.5" so that in your quilt, it will measure 12" x 12" finished.  However, I chose to make my slightly larger so I didn't need to add a border.  Here are the cutting instructions I used for my block- Cut 2- 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" white squares, 1- 3 1/2" x 6 1/2" white rectangle, 2- 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" green squares, 1- 3 1/2" x 9 1/2" green piece, 2- 5" x 9 1/2" pink pieces.  Use the 1- 3 1/2" x 6 1/2" white rectangle & 2- 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" green squares to make one stitch and flip flying geese.  Sew the 2- 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" white squares- one onto each end of the flying geese unit.  Sew the 1- 3 1/2" x 9 1/2" green piece in the middle of the 2- 5" x 9 1/2" pink pieces  Sew the bow potion on top of the present portion.  This will measure 12 1/2" x 12 1/2" (or 12" x 12" finished).

December 3rd- Welcome Home


My version of Welcome Home- I made the 24" size.


December 4th- Peppermint Bark- one of the blocks that I designed!


My Peppermint Bark block!  I made the 18" size.



December 5th- Starry Night


My Starry Night block!  I made the 12" size. 
(Yes, I turned the middle block by accident but I like it anyway!)

December 6th- Lucy's Crown


My Lucy's Crown block!  I made the 12" size. 

December 7th- Farmhouse Star

My Farmhouse Star!  It is a 12" block. 

December 8th- Reindeer Tracksone of the blocks that I designed!


My Reindeer Tracks block!  It is a 24" block.


December 9th- Christmas Flower 


My Christmas Flower block!  I made the 12" size. 



December 10th- It Just Needs Tinsel


My It Just Needs Tinsel block!  I made the 12" size. 


December 11th- Star of Wonder

My Star of Wonder block!  I made the 12" size. 




December 12th- Shiny Brite


My Shiny Brite block!  I made the 12" size. 



December 13th- Lightning Star


My Lightning Star block!  I made the 12" size.


December 14th- Christmas Plaid


My Christmas Plaid block- 12".


December 15th- Tree Farmone of the blocks that I designed!


My Tree Farm block!  It is a 12" block.


December 16th- By the Chimney with Care


My By the Chimney with Care block!  I made the 12" block.


December 17th- All Wrapped Up


My All Wrapped Up block!  I made the 12" block.


December 18th- Pile of Presents


My Pile of Presents block!  I made the 12" x 24" block.


December 19th- Festive Frosty one of the blocks that I designed!


My Festive Frosty block!  It is a 12" block.


December 20th- Christmas Corsage
December 21st- 
December 22nd- 
December 23rd- 
December 24th- Poinsettia
December 25th- 


Enjoy!



Talk to you soon,


Jessica 

Comments