Riley Blake Project Tour- Yuletide




Hi, Everyone!  Today is my turn on the Riley Blake Designs Project Tour for Yuletide by My Mind's Eye.  

Christmas is my absolute favorite!!  So, it's no surprise that I love to make Christmas quilts.  I have quite a collection already and I make a bunch every year to add to it!  I have 4 children who love Christmas as much as I do and they all like to have Christmas quilts in their rooms, out on the couches to use, and to decorate with as well (and I love that too).

When I saw this beautiful Yuletide collection by My Mind's Eye, I knew I wanted to make a quilt to enjoy this coming holiday season!  This fabric is SO pretty and has the most gorgeous details.





Here is the quilt I made!



When I designed this quilt, I challenged myself to piece with inset seams.  



I've used inset seams quite a few times but I still feel like I am learning in terms of technique.  Every time I do it, I learn a little more and it goes a little smoother.  I don't completely love piecing this way (partly because it can be a little tricky for me still) but I want to make sure I'm good at it so I make myself do it every so often.

That being said, I enjoyed making this quilt immensely.  I made all of the centers first and then chain pieced the remaining portions of the blocks. Then assembled everything.

For this quilt top, I used:
Yuletide by My Mind's Eye for Riley Blake Designs
Gunny Sack in Green (this was my main background color.  SKU C736-GREEN)
Le Creme Swiss Dot in Cream (this was the background of the center of the blocks SKU C600-01 CREAM)
Confetti Cottons Olive (this was used in the center of some of my blocks. SKU C120-OLIVE)



Also, did you know Riley Blake Designs has minky??  They do!  To back this quilt, I used their Dreamy Minky in Vanilla.

Here are a few more pictures.




This pattern is my own but I don't have one written yet.  I'm not sure if I'll write this one up or not.  But one thing is for sure, this fabric would look beautiful in ANY quilt :)

Thanks for following along with me!




Talk to you soon,


Jessica 

Comments

Post a Comment