Riley Blake Designs Project Tour- Land of Liberty


Good Morning!  Today I'm sharing the project I made for the Riley Blake Designs Project Tour for Land of Liberty by My Mind's Eye.

I'm a sucker for all red, white, and blue fabric and this collection is beyond gorgeous!  I love the combination of the flowers, stars, text, and triangle gingham.  It is just stunning!!



You can see the Storyboard for Land of Liberty- here.

I decided to make a quilt that I once saw on a smaller scale in a antique quilt.  I chose to make 12" blocks, though this would be nice in any size really.  Here it is!



This would make a really great block for a quilting bee or block exchange.  

To make one 12" block, here is what you'll need- 3 colors of fabric (here they are red, white, and blue).
     Fabric A (red)- 2- 3 1/2" squares and 5- 3 7/8" squares
     Fabric B (blue)- 5- 3 7/8" squares
     Fabric C (white)- 1- 6 1/2" square

Make 2 at a time HSTs with the red 3 7/8" squares and the blue 3 7/8" squares (making 10 HSTs total).  Then, using the HSTs and other cut pieces, set the block up in the layout shown below.  Sew the block together.  The unfinished measurement is 12 1/2" square.


I alternated blocks with red background and blocks with white background.  For the blocks with the red background, I used red and blue HSTs and a white center (shown above).  For the blocks with the white background, I used red and white HSTs and a blue center.



For the backing, I used this gorgeous Navy Star basic (C315-21 Navy) from Riley Blake.  



For the batting, I used The Warm Company Warm 100.  I used my Janome Continental M7 to piece and quilt this quilt.  For the quilting, I did free motion design. 


Here is the full quilt-



If you make anything using this pattern, I'd love to see!  You can share on Instagram using the hashtags #jessicadayonpatterns  Thanks for following along!

Talk to you soon,


Jessica 

Comments

  1. Absolutely love it.....took me a minute to see that they are all the same block. Kudos! I think I'll give this one a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are land of liberty and seeds of glory the same fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you use a layer cake? If so did you use the whole cake?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment