Riley Blake Designs Project Tour- Easter Parade


Hello, Everyone!  Today I'd like to share all of the details on the economy block quilt that I've made using Easter Parade fabric by Lindsay Wilkes for Riley Blake Designs.  This was a fun and relatively fast quilt to make and I enjoyed the process!

First, I used Easter Parade by Lindsay Wilkes (The Cottage Mama).  Here is a look at the prints in Easter Parade-

photo credit: Riley Blake Designs

You can see the Story Board for Easter Parade HERE

In addition to the Easter Parade fabric, I added in some Riley Blake Basics.  Riley Blake offers a fantastic variety of basics and I add a selection of them into most quilts that I make.  The basics that I used in this quilt are as follows:
    -Blossom in Raspberry (C715-Raspberry)
    -Blossom in Aqua (C715-Aqua)
    -Shabby in Tutu (C605-Tutu)    
    -Swiss Dot in Aqua (C660-20 Aqua)
    -Kisses in Sweetmint (C210-Sweetmint)
    -Confetti Cotton in Sunshine (C120-Sunshine)
    -Texture in Sweetmint (C610-Sweetmint)
    -Texture in Yellow (C610-Yellow)
    -Linen in Lt Gray (LN300-Ltgray)
    -Linen in Blush (LN300-Blush)
    -Linen in Aqua (LN300-Aqua)

I used the Economy Block tutorial from Amy Smart.  I made the blocks as specified in the tutorial- first I made the 6" block and then I used them to make the 12" blocks.  I made a total of 30- 12" blocks.  I assembled the blocks into a layout of 5 blocks by 6 blocks.  The quilt top measured 60 1/2" x 72 1/2".



I found that you need 1 fat quarter per block that you'd like to make.  So, I used 30 fat quarters to make 30 blocks.  Here is the way I cut each of my fat quarters-

1- 7 1/4" x 21" strip- subcut into 2- 7 1/4" squares
1- 5 1/2" x 21" strip- subcut into 2- 5 1/2" squares and 2- 4 1/2" squares
1- 3 1/2" x 21" strip- subcut into 1- 3 1/2" square and 2- 3 1/4" squares

Follow Amy's directions by cutting the 7 1/4", 5 1/2", 4 1/2", and 3 1/4" squares each on one diagonal.  Once the fat quarters are cut, mix and match the prints for form your blocks.  then follow the rest of the tutorial to make the blocks.


For the backing, I used Lori Holt's Wide Back Bee Backings in Aqua Chick (WB6423-Aqua).  For the binding, I used Aqua Flowers (C11574-Aqua) from Easter Parade.  As part of my quilting goals for 2022, (which are: 1.) get really good at needle turn appliqué and 2.) really personalize every quilt I make) I hand appliquéd a large flower onto the back of the quilt and used it as my label also.  


I am looking forward to using this bright, fun quilt this Spring!


I hope you enjoyed reading about this quilt and that you feel inspired to make your own.  Thank you for following along with me!




Talk to you soon,
Jessica

Comments

  1. This is such a lovely, cheerful quilt! I am looking for the directions for cutting the fat quarters, but it isn't showing up on my computer. Can I find the directions somewhere else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have corrected the post and you can find the cutting directions there now. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. There were no measurements given after "here's how I cut my fat quarters". Is the info a secret? Would you please share?
    Love your designs!
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! It is corrected and you can find the cutting directions there now. Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment