Kaleidoscope Quilt Along Information Post


Hi, Quilty Friends!  It's time to talk about the Kaleidoscope QAL!  This has been my most popular pattern  to date and I took the pattern down for a number of months to update it.  Now, it's coming back out and I'm running a QAL for it!

Here are some basics first,

-You can subscribe to my blog to get notified of new posts if you'd like and 

-You can follow me on Instagram here 

-You can share any posts related to this QAL by using the hashtags #kaleidoscopequilt and #jessicadayonpatterns


Here is the General Schedule we will be following--

Week 1 September 6- Choose Fabric

Week 2 September 13- Cut Fabric
Week 3 September 20- Make 4 Blocks
Week 4 September 27Make 4 Blocks
Week 5 October 4Make 4 Blocks
Week 6 October 11Make 4 Blocks
Week 7 October 18- Quilt Top Assembly


The Kaleidoscope Quilt measures 74" x 74"



Here are the fabric requirements-

4 fat eighths (Fabric A)
12 fat quarters (4 for Fabric B, 4 for Fabric C, and 4 for Fabric D)
4- different 3/4 yards (Fabric E)
3 1/4 yards solid white background fabric
5 yards backing
3/4 yards binding


Some notes for choosing fabric,


For this quilt, I decided on taking 4 uniquely colored blocks and making each unique block 4 times.


Each set of four blocks will use:

1 fat eighth (Fabric A)
3 fat quarters (1 for Fabric B, 1 for Fabric C, and 1 for Fabric D)
1- 3/4 yards (Fabric E)

So, if you want to plan out the colors of your quilt, do so using the image above and select your fabrics accordingly.



If you are using scraps, to make one block, you'll need:

1- 5" square (Fabric A)
1- 6 1/2" square (Fabric B)
1- 7 3/4" square (Fabric C)
1- 7 3/4" square (Fabric D)
1- 11 1/2" square (Fabric E)
plus the required background fabric



The first time I made this quilt (when I wrote the pattern), I used Painted Garden by Crystal Manning.  This is still one of my favorite quilts ever!  The colors in that line are so saturated and they work so well together.



Don't worry if you don't have any fabric in mind yet!  We will be easing into the QAL starting September 6th and the task that week will be to choose fabric, so you have plenty of time!!


I'd really love it if you can pass along the information on this QAL to anyone who you think might be interested.  I appreciate your help spreading the message!!  Thank you!

Here is the printable version of this post- HERE


Just let me know if you have any questions.


Talk to you soon,


Jessica

Comments

  1. I'm so happy I found this post! I've been looking for a pattern to use my Tilda Woodland fabric collection with and this is perfect!!! Getting started cutting the pieces now! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment