Riley Blake Designs Project Tour- Jane Austen At Home

 


Good Morning!  Today I'm sharing the project I made for the Riley Blake Designs Project Tour for Jane Austen At Home.  

The fabrics in this beautiful, historic collection are reproductions after a coverlet that Jane, her sister, and their mother made.  There is also a print that has hand written music by Jane Austen, as well as passages from her personal letters.



When I received these fabrics, I found myself wanting to make some sewing trinkets that I would use regularly.  I decided on a needle book, a pouch to hold my supplies, and a basket to hold both the pouch and needle book.  I'm planning on keeping them on my sewing table so that I can always have easy access to them.



In the needle book, I made a scissor pocket, pages for all of my mostly commonly used needles, a spot for safety pins, and two pockets on the back page.  There is no pattern for this- I made it up as I went along.  I used 1" hexagons and EPP for the front cover.  On the inside, I used 100% wool felt for the pages and I decorated them with lace, buttons, paper flowers, and twill tape that I hand stamped.

Here is the front inside cover and first page-

I made a page for milliners,


betweens,


sharps,


safety pins & embroidery needles,


and the inside, back cover has two pockets.


The front is 1" EPP hexagons-



For the notion pouch, I used the Foldover Sewing Pouch pattern by Aneela Hoey.  I've made this once pouch before and I really like it- both the process of making it and the finished product.  



For the basket, I used the Sturdy Fabric Basket pattern by Lillyella.



I had a blast making this little trio and I know I'll love using them even more!  Thanks for following along with me!



Talk to you soon,


Jessica 

Comments