Riley Blake Project Tour- New Dawn & FREE Lillian Quilt Pattern


Good Morning, Everyone!  Today I'm sharing the project I made for the Riley Blake Designs Project Tour for New Dawn by Citrus and Mint Designs.  


I designed a new quilt using this beautiful fabric!  It is a new FREE pattern of mine- called the Lillian Quilt!  


This pattern uses templates and is pretty quick and easy once you get comfortable with it.  If you have never used templates before, they are nothing to worry about.  You simply cut your fabric using the templates (instead of measuring a specific size with your ruler) and then sew with the template-cut pieces. Using templates gives perfect results!

I free motion quilted a meandering loop using my Janome M7 Continental.


I even got a little adventurous and did this butterfly too!



I wanted to do a little photo tutorial on how to piece the blocks.  So, here goes-

First, cut your pieces out using the templates as per the instructions in my pattern.  Get one print 'A' piece and one solid 'B' piece.


Place the solid 'B' piece right side together on top of the print 'A' piece.  There should be 1/4" of the solid 'B' piece hanging over the top of the print 'A' piece.  And, at the bottom, there should be 1/4" of the print 'A' piece sticking out beyond the solid 'B' piece.




With 1/4" seam allowance, sew those pieces together.





Press.  




Repeat the steps to make 4 units.  




Sew the 4 units together into one block.


So, that's a quick rundown on how you make one block!

I just love, love how this quilt turned out!







The details on the fabric that I used are all in the pattern.  You can download the free PDF of this pattern on the Janome website HERE

Happy sewing!  Enjoy!


Talk to you soon,


Jessica 



Comments

  1. Wow, so gorgeous! Thank you for the helpful step-by-step photos as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! What a fabulous quilt. Those fabrics make it really outstanding.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment