Little Village Quilt Along- Fabric Requirements

  


Hi, Everyone!  Thank you so much for all of the interest in the Little Village Quilt Along!  I really enjoyed making this quilt the first time around and I'm looking forward to doing it again with all of you!  

Here is the schedule that we will follow-

Little Village Quilt Along
Week 1- October 30- Blocks 1-4
Week 2- November 6- Blocks 5-8
Week 3- November 13- Blocks 9-12
Week 4- November 20- Blocks 13-16
Week 5- November 27- Cut the setting/Catch Up week
Week 6- December 4- Assemble the quilt top

Today I want to share the fabric requirements with you!

I made the quilt in the picture below using Blue Stitch by Christopher Thompson for Riley Blake Designs.  For the top, I used Blue Stitch fabric and I added in a few of Riley Blake Design's Basics.  The Basics that I used are Confetti Cotton in Riley White, Shabby in Gray (C605-GRAY), Texture in Navy (C610-NAVY), and Kisses in Medium Blue (C210-MEDIUMBLUE).  For the backing, I used Blossom in Gray (C715-GRAY).





During the quilt along, I am going to make a red and white version to have out this holiday season.  It'll be like the image below except that each house is going to be a different red fabric (not all the same).


Little Village quilt measures 66 1/2" x 66 1/2"

Here are the fabric requirements-

16 fat quarters- one for each house (there will be leftover from each but a fat eighth was not quite enough on a few of the houses)
3/4 yard solid white fabric (this is for the barn quilts and the cornerstones)
1 1/4 yards white print #1 (this is for the house background and open door)
1 1/3 yard white print #2 (this is for the sashing and border 1)
1/2 yard red print (this is for border 2)
5/8 yard white print #3 (this is for border 3)
5/8 yard binding fabric
4 1/4 yards backing fabric
70" x 70" batting (my favorite is The Warm Company Warm & Plush batting)

Let me know if you have any questions!  I can't wait to start sewing this with you next Friday (10/30)!



Talk to you soon,


Jessica 

Comments

  1. This is so exciting‼️ Oh what color should I do!! Thank you😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute in either color - or multiple colors! This would make a great Rainbow Scrap quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is gorgeous i think i might do a red and white one too, thank you 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. Starting now I know I m a bit late I m going to make a birthday quilt block for the president of our quilt guild in Dubous WY Thank you for your generous share ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment