Riley Blake Designs Project Tour- Blue Stitch and FREE Quilt Along Announcement- Little Village Quilt

 


Hi, Everyone!  Today I'm sharing the project I made for the Riley Blake Designs Project Tour for Blue Stitch by Christopher Thompson.  

Blue is one of my favorite colors and I was so excited to work with this pretty line!

Photo Credit: Riley Blake Designs

I decided to design a new quilt pattern to use with this fabric and to me, the fabric screamed house quilt.  Its funny how fabric does that...begs to be made into something.  

Here is the design I came up with.  This quilt is called Little Village.



I really love house blocks of all kinds.  And I had fun dreaming up these house blocks with barn quilts on the side of them.


For the top, I used Blue Stitch fabric and I added in a few of Riley Blake Design's Basics.  The Basics that I used are Confetti Cotton in Riley White, Shabby in Gray (C605-GRAY), Texture in Navy (C610-NAVY), and Kisses in Medium Blue (C210-MEDIUMBLUE).

For the backing, I used Blossom in Gray (C715-GRAY).

For the batting, I used my favorite- The Warm Company Warm & Plush batting.

I used my Janome Continental M7 to piece quilt and pillow and quilt this quilt with a free motion meandering swirl.  

I decided that I'm going to host a quilt along for this quilt pattern!  Here is the schedule that'll follow-

Little Village Quilt Along
Week 1- October 30- Blocks 1-4
Week 2- November 6- Blocks 5-8
Week 3- November 13- Blocks 9-12
Week 4- November 20- Blocks 13-16
Week 5- November 27- Cut the setting/Catch Up week
Week 6- December 4- Assemble the quilt top

I hope you'll join me in making the Little Village quilt.  Every part of the pattern will be free and it'll be posted here on my blog.  Each week, I'll share the PDF for the part we will make that week.  At the end, you'll have a lovely quilt top!  I'll have the fabric requirements out soon so that you can get you fabric ready.




Thanks for following along with me!



Talk to you soon,


Jessica 

Comments

  1. Many thanks Jessica, this looks like a really fun sew along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this!!! I've always wanted to do a house/barn quilt. Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to join. This quilt is charming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the Little Village Quilt patterns ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment