Riley Blake Designs Project Tour- Warm Wishes- Little Christmas Village Quilt Along

Good Morning!  Today I'm sharing an exciting, new, free quilt along that I'm hosting!  I'm using the new collection by Simple Simon and Company called Warm Wishes.


This beautiful collection has a lovely muted color palette and gorgeous prints.  It is stunning!




You can see the Storyboard for Warm Wishes- here.

I chose this collection for our new quilt along!  It is a sequel to my Little Village quilt along and it is called Little Christmas Village!  I'm so excited for this!

Let me present the Little Christmas Village Quilt!


This quilt features the same houses that were in my Little Village quilt but with fun, new barn quilt designs and also a lovely Christmas tree border.  The Little Christmas Village quilt measures 87 1/2" x 87 1/2".  I'm really exciting to start making this quilt with you all!

Here is the schedule we will be following:


Little Christmas Village Quilt Along

June 7- Information Post & Fabric Requirements- today
Week 1- June 25- 4 houses
Week 2- July 2- 4 houses
Week 3- July 9- 4 houses
Week 4- July 16- 4 houses
Week 5- July 23- Tree blocks
Week 6- July 30- Tree blocks
Week 7- August 6- Quilt Top Assembly

Today I'd like to share the fabric requirements with you so that you can get your fabric ready for when we start!

Here are the fabric requirements:

Little Christmas Village Fabric Requirements

16 fat quarters (A)- one for each house (there will be leftover from each but a fat eighth was not quite enough on a few of the houses)

2 1/8 yards white print #1 (B) 

3/4 yard solid white fabric (C) 

5/8 yard blue print (D) 

10 green fat quarters for trees (E)

1/8 yard brown solid (F)

2 3/8 yards sky colored print (G)

1 yard floral print (H)

3/4 yard binding fabric

2 3/4 yards 107/108” wide-backing fabric

96" x 96" batting (my favorite is The Warm Company Warm 100 batting)


In case you want to make the quilt exactly like I have shown in the picture, here is the exact fabric that I am using:

16 fat quarters (A)- from the Warm Wishes fabric collection and also Confetti Cottons C120-Storm and C120-CanyonRose

2 1/8 yards Riley Blake Designs Aqua Pin Dot C705-Aqua (B) 

3/4 yard Confetti Cottons Riley White C120-Rileywhite (C) 

5/8 yard Warm Wishes Stone Packages C10784-Stone (D) 

10 green fat quarters(E)- (I'm using a mixture of Warm Wishes Forest Floral C10781-Forest, Warm Wishes Forest Main C10780-Forest, Warm Wishes Forest Candy Canes C10785-Forest, and Riley Blake Designs Evergreen Trento C130-Evergreen)

1/8 yard Confetti Cottons Riley Brown C120-Rileybrown (F)

2 3/8 yards Blossom Bleached Denim C715-Bleacheddenim (G)

1 yard Warm Wishes Parchment Bouquet C10783-Parchment (H)

3/4 yard binding fabric- Warm Wishes Pink Candy Canes C10785-Pink

2 3/4 yards 107/108” wide-backing fabric (or 8 yards of 43/44" wide fabric- I'm using Confetti Cottons Riley White C120-Rileywhite) 

96" x 96" batting (my favorite is The Warm Company Warm 100 batting)



I'd also like to share the layout of the fabric in a diagram so that you can visualize the placement which can make it easier for choosing you fabric.

Fabric Placement

A= FAT QUARTER PRINTS FOR THE HOUSES

B= white print #1 FOR THE BACKGROUND

C= SOLID WHITE FOR THE WHITE PORTIONS OF THE BARN QUILTS

D= BLUE PRINT

E= FAT QUARTER PRINTS FOR THE TREES

F= BROWN SOLID

G= Sky colored print

H= FLORAL PRINT



Thank you for following along!  I can't wait to start sewing with you!

Talk to you soon,


Jessica

Comments

  1. Hoping to use some fabrics that I have but really looking forward to making this sweet quilt. It’s much bigger than I had anticipated 😳 but I’m in 😁 thank you for the great design xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I watched the red and white houses being built but didn’t take action… now I have a second chance.
    I’m really looking forward to participating in this QAL. Christmas is only six months away 🎄

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment