Riley Blake Designs Project Tour- Beneath the Western Sky

  


Good Morning!  Today I'm sharing the project I made for the Riley Blake Designs Project Tour for Beneath the Western Sky by Gracey Larson.  

This fabric range is absolutely gorgeous!  Here is a look at the collection-

You can see the Story Board for Hidden Cottage HERE

As soon as I saw this fabric, I knew I was going to make the America the Beautiful quilt pattern!  That pattern has been on my list for a while and I was instantly inspired by these fabrics.

America the Beautiful was a block of the month ran by McCall's.  If you don't have the original magazines that it ran in, you can buy the full, digital download of the pattern HERE.  It was super enjoyable to make and very manageable because the pattern is broken down into its original format where the quilt is divided into sections and you work on one section at a time.

I took a few photos of the sections as I went along making this pattern.  



I really loved seeing these before and after pictures of the church block and barn block.







In addition to the Beneath the Western Sky fabric, I used some Riley Blake Designs basics to make this quilt.  Here are the ones I used:
    -Confetti Cottons in Canyon Rose (C120-Canyonrose)
    -Confetti Cottons in Olive (C120-Olive)
    -Shabby in Maize (C605-Maize)
    -Shabby in Moss (C605-Moss)
    -Bee Cross Stitch in Pebble (C745-Pebble)
    -Bee Cross Stitch in Daisy (C745-Daisy)
    -Texture in Chocolate (C610-Chocolate)
    -Bee Backgrounds Cross Stitch on Cloud in Coral (C747-Coral)
    -Bee Backgrounds Tiny Circle in Coral (C6384-Coral)
 




I hope you enjoyed reading about this quilt and that you feel inspired to make your own quilt.  If you have been wanting to make the America the Beautiful quilt, I encourage you to do it!  It is not too big or too detailed of a project to tackle.  The pattern is broken down into steps and it is great fun to make!  You can do it!  Thank you for following along with me!


Talk to you soon,


Jessica

Comments

  1. I did make one !!! I love mine. Am waiting on a wooden quilt hanger to get made so I can finally hang it in my house. Was made when it first came out and it's been waiting for me to get it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful quilt! You are amazing, Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your color placement and this pattern. I had to buy the pattern. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment