Big Star Quilt in Fight Delight Fabric

Hello, Everyone! Today I'd like to share the quilt that I made using Fright Delight by Lindsay Wilkes.  I always look forward to Lindsay's collections! They contain beautiful, nostalgic designs! 

I decided to make a big star quilt with this beautiful fabric! I used Fright Delight fabric plus a few RBD Basics- Dapple Dot in Autumn, Sparkler in Gray and Black, Seasonal Basics in Orange Bats and Black Bats. Also, I used Halloween Pin Dot for the background.

I did not follow a pattern. I used 8" finished half square triangles (HSTs). I like to do one at a time HSTs so I cut my squares at 8 7/8" and then cut on the diagonal to yield two triangles. Then I paired the triangles up as shown in the picture above. In addition to all the triangles, I cut 8- 8 1/2" squares. I added a 4" finished border.

I quilted this quilt on my BERNINA Q24 with Qmatic using the Soho pantograph.

For the backing, I used Dapple Dot in Black. For the binding, I used mostly Fright Delight in Multi Plaid with 2 strips in Black Dots.


Thank you for following along!  I hope this project inspired you.  I love sharing what I'm up to with other makers and also hearing about what you are making too! Thank you for being here!

Jessica

Comments