Riley Blake Designs Project Tour- From the Heart

 

Good Morning!  Today I'm sharing the project I made for the Riley Blake Designs Project Tour for From the Heart by Sandy Gervais.  


This collection is stunning!  The reds are the most perfect shade and there are SO many amazing low volumes.


I chose to make the Hearts Afloat quilt pattern by Bev Getschel.  I absolutely love this clever quilt design. I have made it once before and totally love it so I decided to make it again.  Honestly, I'll never tire of this design so I definitely see more of these in my future :)

In addition to the From the Heart fabric that I used in the top, I added in some Riley Blake Basics- Texture in Red (C610-RED).  For the backing, I used Riley Blake Designs Swiss Dots on White in Red (C660-80 RED).



For the batting, I used The Warm Company Warm & Plush.

I used my Janome Continental M7 to piece and quilt this quilt.  For the quilting, I decided on a free motion heart design.  This is the first free motion heart quilting that I have done so it is far from perfect but it was enjoyable.  I also did the word love on one of the hearts and I love how it turned out.








Thanks for following along with me!



Talk to you soon,


Jessica 


Comments