Riley Blake Designs-Sending Love Project Tour


Good Morning!  Today I'm sharing the project I made for the Riley Blake Designs Project Tour for Sending Love by My Mind's Eye.  

I love this pretty Valentine's day collection!

Photo Credit: Riley Blake Designs

I chose to make the Open Heart quilt pattern by Lella Boutique.  I have been wanting to make this pattern for a while and I thought this fabric was absolutely perfect for it.


For the background fabric, I used Riley Blake's Red Pin Dot (
C705-RED).  I really love the pin dot fabrics.  I'm also using this same red pin dot in a Christmas quilt I'm making now.  It is so wonderful!

In addition to the Sending Love fabric that I used in the top, I added in two Riley Blake basics: Kisses in Cayenne (C210-CAYENNE) and Hot Pink Swiss Dots (C670-70 HOT PINK).



For the backing, I used Riley Blake Designs Kisses Reversed in Red (C220-RED).



For the batting, I used The Warm Company Warm 100.  Next to the Warm & Plush, this is my favorite batting.  It is soft and floppy (very technical, I know lol).  What I mean is that it isn't stiff and has really nice drape.  Even when I've quilted densely, it still drapes and feels very nice.

I used my Janome Continental M7 to piece and quilt this quilt.  For the quilting, I decided on a free motion heart design.  This is the first free motion heart quilting that I have done so it is far from perfect but it was enjoyable.  I also did the word love on one of the hearts and I love how it turned out.








Thanks for following along with me!



Talk to you soon,


Jessica 

Comments