American Patchwork & Quilting: June 2019 Issue- Fresh Spin Quilt

Hi, Everyone!  I want to share with you a quilt I designed and made that is feature in the June 2019 Issue of American Patchwork and Quilting.



This issue is now available on newsstands.  It came out on April 5th so you should be able to find it at a magazine retailer near you.

This is my second quilt in American patchwork & Quilting and, just like I was the first time, I am blown away by the styling.  I mean, how beautiful does that bed look??!

For this quilt, I used Smitten by Bonnie & Camille for Moda Fabrics.  Every Bonnie & Camille line is just gorgeous and I love how the fabric looks in this design.  Here is a look at the full quilt-



BUT, when I originally designed this quilt, I designed it in Feed Sacks Red Rover by Linzee Kull McCray.  However, I wasn't able to get a hold of that fabric at the time I needed to actually make the quilt.  So, I changed it up and did it in Smitten.

Here is a look at my original mock up in Feed Sacks Red Rover by Linzee Kull McCray-


I also mocked it up in Linzee's debut collection Feed Sacks True Blue (which is one of my all time favorites ever)-



Isn't it spectacular in blues!!??  I'm really hoping I have enough True Blue fabric saved so that I can make this quilt!! I think I might not but I'll have to start hunting for some :)

I really believe this quilt would look amazing in any fabric!  I've been hearing on Instagram that lots of you are planning on making it!  How are you planning on making yours??

I'd love to see your versions so send me an email or tag me on Instagram with your progress pictures or finished pictures- @jessicadayon


The cover of the magazine looks like this!  Go out and get yourself a copy!!



All photos Used with permission from American Patchwork & Quilting® magazine. ©2019 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.




Talk to you soon,

Jessica

Comments