Week 6- Sweet Star Quilt Along: Quilt Top Assembly




Hi, Everyone!  Welcome to Week 6 of the Sweet Star Quilt Along!  We made it!! We have made all 16 of our blocks and now we are ready to assemble the top!  This is the fun part!!  We finally get to see what all of our blocks look like together and finalize their layout :)

Before I get started with the information today...

-you can subscribe to my blog to get notified of new posts if you'd like and you can follow me on Instagram here 

-you can share any posts related to this QAL by using the hashtags #sweetstarquilt and #jessicadayonpatterns

-I also just want to note that this QAL will be different from my last one (the On Point QAL) because the Sweet Star pattern has already been released. You can download the complete PDF below.  As such, the blog posts during the QAL will serve as check in's, instead of tutorials for the actual pattern.  If you come across any questions or problems, just let me know in the comments or on Instagram.

-here is the schedule we will be following--


This pattern is no longer free and will be available for purchase in my shop soon.

This week we are working on assembly!  So go ahead and arrange your blocks in 4 rows of 4 then if you need to, move your blocks around until you are happy with how they look.  Next, sew the blocks into rows and the rows into the top!




After you have your rows sewn together, you'll add the white border 




Finally, you'll add the thicker colored border-




Then baste and quilt your quilt (I have a helpful post for that (here) or send it to your long arm quilter!  


That's it for the QAL!  Can you believe its over?!  I felt like I was running late on every week but I made it and I really enjoyed sewing along with you!  Let me know if you have any questions.  Be sure to share your quilt tops with me on Instagram- @jessicadayon.  Thank you so much for joining me!!

The next quilt along I'll be holding will be for my Kaleidoscope Quilt and that will most likely start in August/September so stay tuned for announcements on that and finalized dates.  Here is what that quilt looks like-





Talk to you soon,


Jessica

Comments