Moda Bake Shop- Summer 2019 Quilt Along- At the Seashore


Hi, Everyone!  Have you heard about the Moda Bake Shop Summer 2019 Quilt Along???  Mona Bake Shop runs a QAL every summer and it is so much FUN!!

Last summer was my first year as one of the designers and we made the most fantastic medallion quilt.  You can read about that HERE if you'd like.

This year our theme is 'At the Seashore' and it is going to be another fantastic QAL!




You can read the Introduction post and fabric requirements HERE

There is also another great post that tells you How To Quilt Along.  It even has a really fantastic printable where you can track everything about the quilt you are making during the QAL.  That post is HERE

The brings me to today!  Today, I am sharing a setting option called the Dunes Quilt Setting!  
This setting is a very basic one with sashing and cornerstones.  It uses 20- 12″ blocks and finishes at 72" x 86".  You can choose to make 20 different blocks or you can make just a few and repeat them in the setting.

I’ve been playing a lot with putting different borders on quilts.  And while, adding borders is not my favorite part of the quilt making process, I always love the effect of having more borders and once it is completed, I am so happy that I took the time to add them.  I did that here.  Feel free to reduce the number of borders if you’d like.  But, I love the way these play with each other!

You can read the full post along with the fabric requirements for the setting HERE

(Note: the fabric requirements on the setting post are just for the setting, you'll still need fabric for the blocks which you can get an estimate in the fabric requirement post that is linked above).

For the version of the quilt that I am making, I am using Bella Solids in Butterscotch 9900-36, Marigold 9900-290, and Off white 9900-200 and this gorgeous, fruity print from Orchard by April Rosenthal.


Since I'm using these fabrics, my Dunes setting will look like this-



Share what you made! Use the hashtags #mbsattheseashore #mbsqal #jessicadayonpatterns and tag me so I can see your version @jessicadayon



Talk to you soon,


Jessica

Comments