Riley Blake Project Tour- A Classic Christmas




Hi, Everyone!  Today is my turn on the Riley Blake Designs Project Tour for A Classic Christmas by Riley Blake Designs.  This collection is made up of 4 larger panels (each sold separately) and one panel that has four pillow-sized images.  They are all beautiful, rich scenes that conjure up feelings of Christmas.

I decided to make a quilt and I chose the Milk & Cookies panel.  It is an absolutely beautiful panel and I was so excited when I received it.  This is what the panel looks like-



The panel measures 36" x 43 1/2".

I wanted to keep the borders relatively simple since I wanted the center panel so stand out.  I decided on surrounding it with pinwheels and two simple borders.



I'm so happy with how it turned out!  This Santa is gorgeous even after washing!



For the plaid borders, I used a plaid from Riley Blake called C8698-Multi.  To make the pinwheels, I used C8695-Forest and C5574-White.  For the binding, I used this gorgeous Pine Branch print called C8697-Black.  

For the backing, I used Kisses in White (C210-White).

For the batting, I used The Warm Company Warm & Plush.  It's a favorite of mine!



I pieced and quilted this on my Janome Continental M7.



I can't wait to snuggle under it!  We are using it this Christmas in July!


Talk to you soon,


Jessica 

Comments

Post a Comment