Abloom Quilt Along- Week 1

    


Hello, Everyone!  Welcome to Week 1 of theAbloom Quilt Along!  Thank you for the excitement everyone has for my new book- Season to Taste: Quilts to Warm Your Home All Year Long.

You can find the Abloom pattern in this book.  You can purchase the book:

        -on Fat Quarter Shop (in print)

I'm going to be hosting a bunch of quilt alongs this year using my book and I have some other things planned too!!



Here is the schedule that we will follow-

Abloom Along
Week 1- January 8- Blocks 1-4 (this week)
Week 2- January 15- Blocks 5-8
Week 3- January 22- Blocks 9-12
Week 4- January 29- Blocks 13-16 & Top assembly

-Every week during the quilt along, on Friday, I'll post on my blog.  If you want, you can subscribe to my blog and you'll get an email every time I post something new.  If you don't want to subscribe, you can still participate by just visiting my blog every Friday (around mid-morning) to download the PDF.  I try to have it up by 9am EST but occasionally it will be a little later.  I'll share what we are doing that week and my blocks too.  I'd love to see your progress so if you are sharing on Instagram, use the hashtag #abloomquilt and I'll be checking that regularly.

Ok, now for the fun stuff let's get started!

When I originally made this quilt for my book, I used Granny Chic by Lori Holt.  That fabric is hard to find now so if you are looking for a similar effect, I'd recommend Lori's new collection called Flea Market.  It just came out in December and is easy to find right now too!

Here is the original, Granny Chic version.  I used Sweet Mint Blossom for the background and Riley Blake Confetti Cottons Riley White for the inside of the stars.



This time I am using Mod Meow by Amanda Neiderhauser.  This collection is darling and I'm so excited to use it!



This week, in Week 1, we are making blocks 1-4.




Let me know if you have any questions!  I'm so excited to be sewing this with you!!



Talk to you soon,


Jessica 

Comments