Welcome, 2021! January Events!

 Hi, Everyone!  I hope you had a very merry holiday season and a Happy New Year!  Welcome, 2021!  We are so happy to greet you!  Towards the end of every year, I make a list of the quilts that I want to make in the new year, the quilt alongs that I'd like to host, the patterns I want to write, and the skills that I'd like to help others learn.  From these lists, I build my calendar for the coming year.  The past few days, I've been working hard on getting all of these things together.

To that end, each month I'm going to be posting here about the goings on of the coming month so you can join in on whatever interests you!

Here are the events for January!


January

Season to Taste Book Tour continues!

We pick up on January 5th with the next stop and then continue until February 2nd!  Pick up your copy of Season to Taste on AmazonMartingale, or Barnes & Noble.



Best Friends Quilt Along with Fat Quarter Shop


Fat Quarter Shop is hosting a quilt along for a new free pattern.  You can read all the details on the Fat Quarter Shop blog.  The quilt along runs from January 7th to February 4th!  Use the hashtag #BestFriendsQAL to share your progress photos and to see others as well.  Plenty of time to grab your supplies and join us in sewing!


Intro to Foundation Paper Piecing!

Having problems getting started with Foundation Paper Piecing (FPP)?  You aren't alone.  I receive so many questions on this technique and many people say they won't even attempt it because it's too confusing.  Well,  Let's demystify it together!  Its not as hard as it seems and I'm going to teach you all about it!  You'll gain the understanding and confidence that you need to tackle it!  I am filming a tutorial that I'll be sharing along with a very beginner FPP pattern.


Abloom Quilt Along hosted by Me!

I am hosting a quilt along for my Abloom pattern found in my book Season to Taste.  If you don't already have it, you can get your copy of Season to Taste on AmazonMartingale, or Barnes & Noble.  The Abloom quilt along will run for 4 weeks starting on January 8th to February 4th!  Use the hashtag #abloomquilt and #seasontotastequiltbook to share your progress.  I can't wait to sew with you!

Here is the schedule that we will follow-

Abloom Quilt Along
Information Post & Fabric Requirements
Week 1- January 8- 4 blocks
Week 2-January 15- 4 blocks
Week 3- January 22- 4 blocks
Week 4- January 29- 4 blocks & assemble the quilt top

Here is the Abloom quilt that I made when I wrote the book!  It is a fun one to make and it it shows off prints nicely!




That about wraps up January!  Let me know if you have any questions!!  Looking forward to sewing with you this year!

Talk to you soon,


Jessica 

Comments