Flying Geese 4 at a time


September is National Sewing Month and to celebrate, Moda Bake Shop is posting a series throughout the month called Building Blocks.  Each post will walk you through a basic quilting technique and come with a really beautiful printable (and the end of the post) so that you can practice your quilting skills and even try some methods that are new to you

The Building Blocks tutorial that I am sharing is 4 at a time flying geese.  I really love this method.  I use it all the time, especially when I am making sawtooth star blocks or when I need a bunch of flying geese quickly.



You can find my tutorial here.  There is a handy chart that tells you how you can make them using precuts and the sizes of the starting squares that you need.  But of course, you don't need to start with precuts.  You can cut your starting squares from any size fabric that works.

Try this method out!  It is quick and has no fabric waste.  No one likes wasting fabric anyway :)

Comments