So Much to Sew, so Little Time

This year has flown by!  I can hardly believe that it is October.  I have been making (what feels like) a ton of quilts this year.  Still though I'm feeling like I have not gotten enough done.

I have a bunch of patterns in the works...patterns to self publish and sell, patterns for magazines, patterns for Moda Bake Shop.  And, still Christmas is coming, and I wanted to have more made by now than I actually do.  Anyone else feeling the same way??

Here're some looks at what I've been making...


I joined in on Suzy Quilts Modern Fans Sew Along.  This started September 12th and runs through November 7th.  Here is her blog post that tells all about the sew along.  I chose to use a Meraki fabric by Basic Grey for Moda Fabrics.  I'm really enjoying participating in this and I really love sewing curves.


I've recently released my White Pumpkins quilt pattern!  I love white pumpkins.  Each fall I use white pumpkins to make pumpkin pie and I just adore them.  I usually grow them in my garden but on years when they don't cooperate, I just buy some white pumpkins at a local farm.  We roasted them and make pie.  The original recipe came from my husband's grandmother and I have modified it to be what it is now...which is the most delicious pumpkin pie ever :)

Anyway, that was my inspiration for this quilt.  You can find the paper pattern here and the PDF here.  This quilt has been a favorite to use this fall so far.  To make the top, I used Moda Fabrics Cross Weave and Robert Kaufman Essex Linen.  For the backing, I used Robert Kaufman Mammoth Flannel.  

I also make one block from the pattern and turn it into a pillow.  I backed it in the same Mammoth Flannel as the quilt.


I started a new quilt on Jelly Roll Day.  I had to :) I used a Portsmouth fabric by Minick & Simpson for Moda Fabrics and I used Jelly Roll Railway pattern by Fat Quarter Shop.  While this is beautiful and I know I am going to totally love this finished quilt, it wasn't exactly the super fast sew that I was looking for...so I'm still working on it :)


To of my new patterns that I'm working on are paper piecing patterns.  I really enjoy paper piecing.  I tried it by chance a few months ago and I love the preciseness of it and I actually have a lot of fun ripping out the paper afterward :) probably not everyone's cup of tea but I really enjoy it.


What sewing have you been up to?  What are your Christmas sewing plans?  The people that I'm sewing for this Christmas have no idea what I'll be making for them so I'm hoping to do a bunch of check ins here to help keep myself on track.  We could also do this on Instagram so if you're interested in checking in with someone to stay on schedule, let me know :)


Comments