Moda Bake Shop Free Pattern: Caroling Quilt




Today I'm sharing another quilt on Moda Bake Shop!  It is part of their Christmas weekend and it is called Caroling.

First, my pattern- Jolly Little Log Cabins- was posted and that pattern showed how to use quilt panels in quilt blocks.

Next, a fellow baker, Alison Vermilya, shared her Christmas quilt pattern, called Christmas Churns.

And, third, I am back again sharing Caroling.  I made this quilt using Kringle & Claus by BasicGrey, which is a super cute Christmas line!



This pattern uses a layer cake (plus background and accent fabric).  I love layer cakes!  Sometimes, though, I have a tendency to hold on to them because I don’t know exactly what pattern to use for them.  Because of that, I am ALWAYS looking out for new layer cake patterns.  I often want to see how big I can make a quilt while only using one layer cake 😉


Caroling is very simple and only uses one block (with the fabric laid out differently to make 2 blocks).  I find that I come back to this block over and over.  I really love it and it’s really versatile.  This quilt is fast and fun.  It uses only one layer cake (plus background and accent fabric) and its pretty big, finishing at 86″ x 86″.



You can find the pattern HERE.

If you make this pattern, I'd love to see it!!  Tag me on Instagram- @jessicadayon and use the hashtags- #jessicadayonpatterns and #carolingquilt!

Let me know if you have any questions!


Talk to you soon,


Jessica 

Comments