Riley Blake Designs Project Tour- Basin Feedsacks (Chain Link Quilt)

 

Good Morning! Today I would like to share the 30s quilt that I have just finished up!  I used the absolutely gorgeous Basin Feedsacks by Stacy West of Buttermilk Basin to make this quilt.  Look at this gorgeous fabric!!


I decided to make a quilt called Chain Link from the book Link to the 30s: Making the Quilts We Didn't Inherit.  This book is wonderful and has beautiful 30s patterns.  I'd highly recommend it!

Chain Link was a very fun quilt to make.  The blocks went together super quickly- lots of chain piecing made quick work of them.



I really loved the whole quilt when I chose this pattern but I was also really excited to get to the prairie points.  I never made prairie points before but I have wanted to try them out.  So, I worked quick to get the top together and baste and quilt it.  Then onto the prairie points!  Here I have them all pressed and ready to add to the quilt.


And here they are on the finished quilt!




10 out of 10- would definitely make prairie points again!  They weren't difficult at all.  The Chain Link pattern had great instructions.  It was a tad bit fussier than regular hand binding but not a big deal really.  

The Basin Feedsacks fabric really shines in this quilt, I think.  I used Confetti Cotton Riley White for the background and also for the backing. 




I love, love how this turned out!  I hope this project inspired you!  Thank you for following along with me!


Talk to you soon,
Jessica

Comments