Riley Blake Designs Project Tour- Blue Jean


Hello! Today I' like to share a cute baby quilt I finished up recently. I'm always looking for a fast and fun baby quilt pattern to make and cute fabric to make it in! While Blue Jean can be used in any quilt and isn't specifically for baby quilts, I chose to make a baby boy quilt with it. Before I share the details of the quilt, let's look at Blue Jean.

Blue Jean is designed by Christopher Thompson.  I love the collections he designs.  Usually I try to make a quilt with all the prints in the collection but this time, I picked only a few to star in this baby quilt.

For this baby quilt, I used the Ritzy Bitsy Baby Quilt pattern by Fat Quarter Shop.  

Here are the details on the fabric that I used in each portion of the baby quilt.  I chose the Blue Jean Bird and Blue Jean Shirting prints both in denim to make the stars.

I used the Blue Jean Texture in Blue for the patchwork portion.

I used Confetti Cotton in Riley White as the main background.  I used Light Indigo Chambray also by Christopher Thompson as the sashing and first border.  For the second border, I used Blue Jean Stripe in Off White.  

For the binding, I used Swiss Dot in Denim.  And, finally, for the backing, I used RBD Linen in Light Gray.  This is my first time using RBD Linen as a backing and let me tell you- it's amazing.  It's so soft and draped and luscious.  I will definitely be using RBD linen again really, really soon.  I quilted it up using a wavy stitch (which is one of the presets on my machine).


This baby quilt turned out so cute.  The fabric is gorgeous and the pattern was fun to stitch.




Thank you for following along with me!



Talk to you soon,
Jessica

Comments