The Honey Quilt Along

 

Hello!  Today I'd like to share about a new quilt along that I'm hosting!

The Honey Quilt Along

We are going to be making the Honey quilt!  Here it is:


This pattern uses a layer cake and background fabric!

Honey Pattern

You can purchase the Honey pattern HERE

Honey Quilt Size & Fabric Requirements

The pattern is written for one side quilt.  It finishes at 72 3/8" x 72 3/8" and makes a great large throw. 

Here are the fabric requirements-

Honey Quilt Fabric Requirements:
36- 10” x 10” squares
3/4 yard low volume print fabric (for the centers of the ‘X’s’)
2 5/8 yards background fabric
5/8 yard of binding fabric
4 1/2 yards backing fabric
80” x 80” piece of batting

I think I might do a Christmas version during the quilt along but I haven't decided for sure yet.  Picking out the fabric is such an exciting, fun part of making the quilt!

Honey Quilt Along Schedule

Let's talk timing!  Here is the schedule we will be following-

HoneyQuilt Along
Information Post- October 11
Week 1- November 8- Cutting Fabric
Week 2- November 15- Sew Rows 1-7
Week 3- November 22- Sew Rows 8-12
Week 4- November 29- Sew Rows 13-18
Week 5- December 6- Sew Rows 19- 23 and Add corners & border

Again, you can find the Honey pattern HERE

I think that covers it!  Let me know if you have any questions.  If you'd like to share your work on Instagram, we will be using the hashtags- #honeyquilt and #jessicadayonpatterns

I'm really looking forward to this and I hope you are too!  Thanks for sewing with me!

Jessica

Comments