Riley Blake Project Tour- Beauty and the Beast




Good Morning!  Today is my turn on the Riley Blake Designs Project Tour for Beauty and the Beast by Jill Howarth.  I love all of Jill Howarth's collections and this one is no different!




There is such a pretty range of colors in this collection and I love how they all interact with each other.

All of my children love Beauty and the Beast but when I saw this, I knew I would make a quilt for one of my girls.  Last year, she went with her school class to a play of Beauty and the Beast and she absolutely loved it.  So I knew this would be extra special for her.

I designed this pattern and I loved how it turned out!  I always have the intention of writing out a pattern but sometimes I just don't have the time to get it done and this was one of those times.  So, this may be a pattern in the future but maybe not also 😂😏


Here is the quilt I made-



In addition to the fabric from Beauty and the Beast, I added in some Riley Blake Basics for the quilt top. I used- Blossom in Aqua (C715-AQUA), Confetti Cottons in Bearlake (C120-BEARLAKE), and Le Creme Swiss Dots Reversed (C600-75 BABY PINK).



I love the beautiful scenes in each of the prints.




For the backing, I used Riley Blake Dreamy Minky in Aqua (DS120-AQUA).  This minky is absolutely fantastic!  I know will come back to it time and time again and use it on lots of quilts.

I quilted this with a free motion swirl on my Janome Continental M7.  I absolutely love free motioning quilting on this sewing machine!!

For the batting, I used The Warm Company Warm and Plush.  It is one of my absolute favorite battings!

For the binding, I used Riley Blake Basics Shabby in Peony.  It looks really nice with the colors in Beauty and the Beast.




I hope you enjoy making something with this Beauty and the Beast fabric!  Thank you for following along with me!


Talk to you soon,


Jessica 

Comments

  1. That is such a pretty quilt! What a wonderful thing to make for your daughter to remember her trip to the play. I hope you do make it a pattern someday, but sometimes, it's nice to keep something just for you. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment