Riley Blake Project Tour- Santa Claus Lane




Hi, Everyone!  Today is my turn on the Riley Blake Designs Project Tour for Santa Claus Lane by Melissa Mortenson.  Christmas is my absolute favorite and I am so excited for this fabric collection!

Look at how gorgeous these prints and colors!



I decided to make a quilt and a pillow with this beautiful fabric!

Here is the quilt I made. 




There is no pattern but this quilts very simple.  I started with a 8" x 10" center rectangle and then I alternated 1" and 2" strips around the center rectangles.  My finished quilt is 64 1/2" x 66 1/2".

Then after the top was assembled, I appliquéd the Santa face from the panel into the quilt.  I love this Santa face illustration-  Melissa did such an amazing job on this collection!




Another thing that was fun about making this quilt was that I practiced a different free motion quilting motif in each of the 2" borders and I free motion quilted the Santa face.

In addition to the fabric from Santa Claus Lane, I added in some Riley Blake Basics for the quilt top. I used- Texture in Red (C610-Red), Kisses in Baby Pink (C210-BABYPINK), Woven Gingham in Red (WC450-RED), and Woven Gingham in Green (WC450-GREEN).

For the backing, I used Riley Blake Woven Gingham in Green (WC450-GREEN).  Oh my gosh!  This fabric is soft as butter.  I literally can't wait to wash and use this quilt!!  I know that woven backing is going to feel amazing.




In addition to the quilt, I made this foundation paper piecing candy cane pillow.  




I've been on this long pillow kick.  In my head, I'm seeing one in front of the pillows on all of the beds at Christmas time.  This is the first one I'm making so we will see if I can accomplish them all for this Christmas, if not, there's always next year.

In addition to the fabric from Santa Claus Lane, I added in some Riley Blake Basics for the pillow also. I used- Pin Dot in Christmas (C705-CHRISTMAS), Blossom in Gold (SC730-GOLD), and Bee Backgrounds Gray Cross Stitch (C6381-GRAY), and Woven Gingham in Red (WC450-RED).

For this pillow, I used the free Candy Cane FPP pattern from the National Quilter's Circle.  You can find it here.

I used the pretty red and pink candy cane bias stripe from the collection so I did not do any striping in the candy cane like the FPP pattern called for.  I love how it turned out.  I free motion quilted this pillow too.  (I've been getting a lot of practice lately!)






That's all for today!  I hope my projects inspired you to make something with this gorgeous Santa Claus Lane fabric!


Talk to you soon,


Jessica 

Comments

  1. Hi Jessica! I love this quilt! Did you use a fat quarter bundle or yardage? I'm thinking yardage, but would like to be sure...

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment