Playful Precuts Book Tour

 


Jedi Craft Girl- Amanda Niederhauser- has just released her first quilting book and it is such a great one!  You can now buy 'Playful Precut Quilts' in quilt stores and on Amazon.  This book has 15 projects- all that use precuts!!  



There is a really talented list of designers/quilt bloggers who are each making a project from Playful Precut Quilts and sharing what they make.  I'm so lucky to be one of them!  Here is the schedule so that you can follow along on the project tour-

Sep 8Andy Knowltonabrightcorner.com
Sep 11Beverly McCulloughflamingotoes.com
Sep 14Kristina Brinkerhoffwww.centerstreetquilts.com
Sep 18Melanie Collettehellomellydesigns.com
Sep 21Gracey Larsonburlapandblossompatterns.blogspot.com
Sep 25Christopher Thompsonthetattooedquilter.com
Sep 28Amy Chappellwww.amerooniedesigns.com
Oct 2Jessica DayonJessicadayon.blogspot.com
Oct 5Amy Smartdiaryofaquilter.com
Oct 9Melissa Mortensonpolkadotchair.com
Oct 12Jodi Nelson pleasanthome.co
Oct 16Amber Johnsonwww.gigisthimble.com

I decided to make the quilt named 'Summer Picnic'.  I was going to make it almost exactly like Amanda with red, white, and blue colors but then I got sudden inspiration from the season we are in now- fall and I pivoted to make a fall version.

I made my own fabric bundle by bringing to gather different solids and prints.  Here's what I started with-



Then I pieced, pieced, pieced...





Here's a look at a block!



And, here is the quilt top!




I love how it turned out!  I'm waiting for my backing to come in the mail.  I ordered it weeks ago but the package keeps getting delayed.  I hope it comes soon so I can quilt this and use this beautiful quilt this fall!

You should get Amanda's book, it is wonderful!!  Again- here is the link to purchase it on Amazon!

Thanks for following along with me!

Talk to you soon,


Jessica 

Comments