Riley Blake Project Tour- Golden Aster


Good Morning!  Today I'm sharing the project I made for the Riley Blake Designs Project Tour for Golden Aster by Gabrielle Neil Design.  

This fabric group is SO beautiful!  The colors pair beautifully with each other- mustard and pink!!- who knew they could be so amazing together!!  And in the rest of the color palette and it is totally swoon worthy!  I'm so, so happy I decided to make a quilt with this beautiful collection!


I chose to make a quilt I have been wanting to make for a while.  It's called Birdseye and you can find the pattern in the quilt book called Miss Rosie's Farmhouse Favorites.  I really want to make every quilt in this book!!  They are all so pretty!

I have been sharing my progress on Instagram have really enjoyed all the comments and conversations this project has started!  Here are some of the progress shots-






For the quilting, I decided on a free motion paisley-ish design.  It was fun to quilt and the texture looks lovely- it did take ages though LOL!


For the backing, I used Riley Blake Designs Shabby in Butterscotch (C605-BUTTERSCOTCH).

For the batting, I used The Warm Company Warm & Plush- a big time favorite of mine.

I used my Janome Continental M7 to piece quilt and pillow and quilt this quilt.  





Thanks for following along with me!



Talk to you soon,


Jessica 

Comments