Riley Blake Designs Project Tour- Faith Hope and Love


Good Morning!  Today I'm sharing the project I made for the Riley Blake Designs Project Tour for Faith, Hope, & Love by Sue Daley.

Sue Daley is a brilliant designer and this line is stunning.


Whenever I am using a Riley Blake line, I always start by looking at the Storyboard.  In case you aren't aware of it, Riley Blake Designs makes a Storyboard for each collection that they come out with.  It shows all the prints in the collection, shows the coordinating basics, the quilts/patterns designed to make with the line, and one the last page, the designer tells about their inspiration for the line.  You can see the Storyboard for Faith, Hope, & Love- here.

I chose to make the Sue's pattern called Forever Quilt.  I did the pattern slightly scrappier than shown.  I used a fat quarter bundle and cut from that, keeping the colors where they are shown in the pattern but mixing up the prints in each color way.  I also added two borders.


To make the top, I used the fat quarter bundle of Faith, Hope, & Love and Le Creme Swiss Dot Black (C600-110 Black).  For the border, I used a Riley Blake Black Tone on Tone Calico (C740-110 Black), which I also used for the backing.  For the second border, I used the main flower print in Cream (C10320-Cream).  For the binding, I used the Charcoal Geo print (C10324-Charcoal).  



For the batting, I used The Warm Company Warm 100.

I used my Janome Continental M7 to piece and quilt this quilt.  For the quilting, I did free motion meandering loops.



Thanks for following along!

Talk to you soon,


Jessica 

Comments

  1. Love what you did with this beautiful fabric - really shows off the fabric line. Also lovely quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment