Riley Blake Designs Project Tour- Stardust


 Good Morning!  Today I'm sharing the project I made for the Riley Blake Designs Project Tour for Stardust by Beverly McCullough.

I am such a big fan of all of Bev's work!  I love her embroidery patterns (she has new book coming out soon- here), her needle minders, quilt patterns, and her fabric!


You can see the Storyboard for Stardust- here.

I chose to make a pattern called Delectable Feathered Star by.  This pattern is in the book called Treasury of Quilts.  You can find it here.

The first time I saw this quilt, I instantly loved it.  Then quite a bit of time later, when I was looking at the Stardust fabric collection, I knew I had to make it using the Delectable Feathered Star quilt pattern.


To make the top, I used Stardust fabric in addition to Bee Backgrounds C9710-Pebble, Le Creme Swiss Dots in Clover C600-Clover, Shabby in Butterscotch C605-Butterscotch, Kisses in Raspberry (C210-Raspeberry) Peacock (C210-Peacock), and Baby Pink (C210-Babypink), Shades in Tutu (C200-83 Tutu), Blossom in Peacock (C715-Peacock), and Confetti Cottons in Olive (C120-Olive).  



Here are a few more photos of the top-





For the backing, I'm using Shades Wide Back in Robin (WB200-Robin).  For the binding, I used Stardust Floral Butterscotch Sparkle (C10503-Butterscotch).  For the batting, I used The Warm Company Warm 100.




I used my Janome Continental M7 to piece this quilt.  I'm using the same machine for quilting too.  I decided to do a free motion custom quilt on this.  This is the first time I'm doing custom quilting myself.  This quilt top felt very special to me and I want to quilt is in a special way too.  I'll be sharing the process of quilt this on Instagram- @jessicadayon - if you'd like to follow along.

As always, thank you for following along!

Talk to you soon,


Jessica 

Comments

  1. Beautiful quilt, Jessica. I love Beverly's fabrics, too. You do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment