Riley Blake Designs Project Tour- Woodland Flannel- Starry Woodland Quilt


Hi, Everyone!  Today I'm sharing the project I made for the Riley Blake Designs Project Tour for Woodland Flannel by Ben Byrd.

When I saw this collection, I was so excited to work with it!  I love how the colors and prints work together and compliment each other.  Also, this collection is made of flannel!!  I just adore flannel and Riley Blake's flannel is top notch.



You can see the Storyboard for Woodland Flannel- here.

I came up with a fun, new design to make with these fabrics.  It uses basic patchwork and one foundation paper pieced block.  



When I was making this quilt, it was the first time that I foundation paper pieced with flannel but I had no issues at all.  The star blocks were so fun to piece!  To make this pattern, you will need to know how to foundation paper piece.


All of the details on the fabrics that I used are in the PDF pattern.  The top and binding were made using the Woodland Flannel fabric collection.  For the batting, I used The Warm Company Warm 100.  I pieced and quilted this quilt on my Janome Continental M7.  I used a free motion orange peel design for the quilting.  You can see the quilting in the below picture.


You can download the pattern HERE

You can download the star FPP template HERE




If you make anything using this pattern, I'd love to see!  You can share on Instagram using the hashtags #starrywoodlandquilt and #jessicadayonpatterns  Thanks for following along!

Talk to you soon,


Jessica 

Comments

  1. This is great! I am collecting flannel patterns for next fall, for the fabric I bought this year! Nice pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just reminds me of camping, and the woods, and The San Rafael Swell! Beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment