Icicles Quilt Along- Information Post

 

Hello, Everyone!  Today I'd like to tell you about the upcoming quilt along that I am hosting.  We will be making the Icicles quilt from Season to Taste: Quilts to Warm Your Home All Year Long.

In case you don't know, here is a look at the cover of Season to Taste-


You can buy it from:    Amazon

                                    Martingale

                                    Fat Quarter Shop

For this quilt along, we are going to be making the Icicles quilt.  When I wrote this pattern, I made a blue version and put it in the Winter section of the book.  However, this quilt could be in any color scheme so don't feel limited if you don't want to make blue version.  I'm thinking on my fabric now and I think I'm going to do a Christmas version in red, white, and green.

Here is what the original Icicles quilt looks like-


I have had many requests to do a quilt along for this quilt and I'm so happy to be fitting it in before the end of the 2021.  During this quilt along, we will deep dive into making dresden plates and making blocks that use triangle pieces.  You'll need the book for the pattern and templates.  However, I'll walk you through making the blocks and the quilt as a whole.

Here is the schedule we will follow during our quilt along. 

Icicles Quilt Along
October 4- Information Post
Week 1- November 5- Prepare the dresden blades
Week 2- November 12- Sew the dresden plates
Week 3- November 19- Appliqué the dresden plates
Week 4- November 26- Make the alternate blocks
Week 5- December 3- Make the setting triangles
Week 6- December 10- Make the corner triangles and assemble the top

You can the hashtags #iciclesquilt #seasontotastequiltbook and #jessicadayonpatterns to share your progress.  Happy sewing!


Talk to you soon,


Jessica 

Comments

  1. Looking forward to starting this. I love Dresden plate patterns. Are we suppose to sign up for this? Thanks, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen!

      No ned to sign up, just follow along! I'm so glad you are excited for it! I love dresden plates too!

      Jessica

      Delete

Post a Comment