Free Quilt Pattern: Smidgeon


Good Morning, Everyone! It’s March 16th and that means that my FREE Smidgeon pattern is available today!  I made this pattern using Buttermilk Homestead by Stacy West and I'm so happy with how it turned out.  However, this pattern is a fantastic scrap pattern and I'm looking forward to making my next version later this year!

Here is a look at Smidgeon!


I love the mix of tiny squares and quarter square triangles! It is a really fun pattern to make!


As I mentioned above, I made this top using Buttermilk Homestead fabric.  The squares are cut from all of the prints in the collection.  The ginger to make the QSTs is Buttermilk Homestead Ginger Seeds (C11652-Ginger).  The goldenrod for the setting and corner triangles and the border is Buttermilk Homestead Goldenrod Foliage (C11654-Goldenrod).  The background fabric is Buttermilk Homestead Ecru Tonal (C11653-Ecru).  The binding is Buttermilk Homestead Goldenrod Flora (C11658-Goldenrod).  

This year I've been on a mission to add a small bit of personalization to each of my quilts.  For this quilt, I added a 12" dresden plate and I used the center for the quilt label.  For the backing, I used Confetti Cotton in Tea Dye.


This pattern is no longer free and will be available for purchase in my shop soon.

If you are interested in a Smidgeon quilt along later this year, let me know and I will plan it!  


Talk to you soon,
Jessica

Comments

  1. I would love to do a sewalong for this quilt. Thank you for the pattern,I’m a scrappy quilt lover.💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to Smidgeon quilt along with you. I love this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute. Thank you for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pattern, Jessica! And I am definitely going to try to be a bit more creative with my quilt labels. Love the Dresden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the free pattern for this beautiful quilt. I would love to be a part of a quilt along later in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. Great looking quilt. I have a lot of scraps that I am trying to use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jessica. I love the free pattern. I just have one question. At one point it says make 48 Double QST measuring 5 x 9.5 and then it says right below it, make 48 Double QST measuring 12.5 x 12.5. Not sure how that works and the picture wasn't helping. Would that be where you add a background QST to to the end?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’d like to join in on a sew along. Beautiful pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment