The Betsy Quilt Along- The Fabric I'm Using




Hi, Everyone! Last week began first week of the Betsy Quilt Along and I'm so happy to start sewing this quilt with all of you!

The Betsy quilt measures 85 3/8" x 85 3/8".  This quilt along will be free and all of the patterns/posts will be here on my blog.  

I'll also be sharing progress on Instagram- @jessicadayon- and we will be using the hashtag #thebetsyquilt




The Betsy Quilt Along Schedule

May 12th- Betsy QAL Information Post
Week 1- June 4th- Nine Patches
Week 2- June 11th- Mary Blocks
Week 3- June 18th- Dorothy Blocks
Week 4- June 25th- Florence Blocks
Week 5- July 2nd- Cut the setting units/catch up week
Week 6- July 9th- Assemble the quilt top

I wanted to get to this post last week but the time slipped away and I didn't get a chance.  So, today I'm sharing the fabric that I'm using to make my quilts during this quilt along.  Yes, I'm doing two quilts because I could not resist (it was almost three- HAHA).

The first one I'm making is the solid aqua and white.  This is the mock up.


For the background, I am using Riley Blake Confetti Cottons in Aqua (C120-RILEYAQUA).  

For the white, I'm using Bee Backgrounds Gray Cross Stitch (C6381-GRAY).  I love every fabric in the Bee Backgrounds line and I'm really excited to use one as my white here.  I think the little gray 'x's will add quite a bit of charm to the quilt!



For my second version of the Betsy quilt, I'm making a scrappy red and solid white quilt.  Here is the mock up for the red (it's solid but you still get an idea).


I'm using quite the variety of red fabrics for this quilt and I could't be happier!  Let me tell you what ones that I'm using!

All of these fabrics are from Riley Blake Designs.  Below I am listing the name of each fabric collection and the designer as well as the SKU number of each fabric.

Conservatory by Jill Finley
SKUS C9623-Red (left) and C9626-Red (right)

Yuletide by My Minds Eye
SKUS C9636-Red, C9634-Red, C9633-Red

Fireworks & Freedom by Bella Blvd.
SKUS C9305-Red & C9304-Red

Santa Claus Lane by Melissa Mortenson
SKUS C9611-Red & C9615-Red

Painter's Palette by J. Wecker Frisch
SKUS C8941-Red & C8940-Red

Merry Little Christmas by Sandy Gervais
SKU C9643-Red

Snow Sweet by J. Wecker Frisch
SKUS C9664-Red, C9674-Red, C9669-Red, & C9666-Red

Bee Basics by Lori Holt
SKUS C6401-Red & C6403-Red

From the left to the right:
Swiss Dot Red C670-80 Red
Texture Red C610-Red
Woven WC450-Red
Kisses Red C210-Red

From the left to the right:
Blossom Red C715-Red
Shades Santa C200-53 Santa
Crayola Kaleidoscope Scarlet CR480-Scarlet
Small Dot Red C350-80 Red
Large Hashtag Red C115-Red

For my secondary color in the scrappy red and white quilt, I'm using Confetti Cottons Riley White (SKU C120-Rileywhite).

Let me know if you have any questions on any of these fabrics!  Thanks for following along!  Happy sewing!


Talk to you soon,


Jessica

Comments

  1. Thanks! That scrappy one is going to be right up my alley! I'm thinking along the same lines and need to get started on some nine patches soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment