Riley Blake Designs Project Tour- Liberty Fabrics Winter Flower Show



Good Morning!  Today I'm sharing the project I made for the Riley Blake Designs Project Tour for Liberty Fabric Winter Flower Show collection.  

Literally everything that Liberty Fabrics comes up with is SO gorgeous!  Winter Flower Show is a stunning collection.  For this collection, Liberty Fabrics has reproduced some vintage floral designs but updated them in wintry colors to reflect the changing of the seasons.  Here is a look at the prints in the collection-



I chose to make a quilt I have been wanting to make for a while.  It's called Due South and you can find the pattern in the quilt book called Miss Rosie's Farmhouse Favorites.



As soon as I saw this fabric, I knew this quilt was what I wanted to make.  My mind has been very particular like that lately.  I look through quite a few quilt books and patterns pretty regularly and my mind files away the ones I want to make in the future.  Then, I find that when I see a grouping of fabric, my mind will click back to a certain pattern, I'll know it was meant to be used together, and I just have to make that quilt!  



In addition to the Liberty Fabrics Winter Flower Show, I used quite a variety of low volume fabrics for the background of my quilt.  Here are the ones I've used (all from Riley Blake):
    *Bee Backgrounds Gray Cross Stitch (C6381-GRAY)
    *Bee Backgrounds Aqua Canning Jar (C6385-AQUA)
    *Bee Backgrounds Honey Circle(C6384-HONEY)
    *Bee Backgrounds Pink Daisy (C6380-PINK)
    *Blossom On White Gold (SC730-GOLD)
    *Blossom On White Black (C730-BLACK)
    *Le Creme Swiss Dot Black (C600-110 BLACK)
    *Le Creme Swiss Dot Cream (C600-01 CREAM)
    *Kisses White (C210-WHITE)




For the backing, I used Riley Blake Designs Confetti Cottons in Sky (C120-SKY).

For the batting, I used The Warm Company Warm & Plush- a big time favorite of mine.

I used my Janome Continental M7 to piece quilt and pillow and quilt the quilt.  I free motion quilted a stipple.




Thanks for following along with me!



Talk to you soon,


Jessica 

Comments

  1. Great job and lovely combo of fabric and design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognized Due South right away! It is also on my to-make list. Beautiful job as always!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment