Riley Blake Designs Project Tour- Liberty Fabrics A Festive Collection

 


Good Morning!  Today I'm sharing the project I made for the Riley Blake Designs Project Tour for Liberty Fabric Winter Flower Show collection.  

Liberty at Christmas!!  What a joy to work with these beauties!  A Festive Collection is beautiful line of holiday-themed fabrics in a “festive” color palette of red, green, blue, and cream




I said it before and I'll say it again- I love Liberty Fabrics!  And, since Christmas is my favorite holiday, these fabrics were extra special for me to work with.

I made Santa's Tree Farm by Wendy Sheppard.  You can find the pattern HERE.  Wendy is a super talented designer and I love everything she comes up with!  You should take a look at all of the beautiful patterns she has designed!  You can find her website HERE.



So, I used the Liberty Fabrics A Festive Collection for the main prints in my quilt.  For the backgrounds, I used one of the prints from the Liberty collection and I added in some Lori Holt Bee Backgrounds.  I used Bee Backgrounds Teal Grid (C6383-TEAL), Alpine Shirtings (C9710-ALPINE), and Aqua Swiss Dot on White (C660-20 AQUA).

For the stars atop the trees, I used Confetti Cottons in Riley Red (C120-RILEYRED) and I also used that for the backing of the quilt.

Here is a close up look at the tree combinations that I used-






For the batting, I used The Warm Company Warm & Plush- a big time favorite of mine.

I used my Janome Continental M7 to piece quilt and pillow and quilt the quilt.  I free motion quilted an orange peel design on this quilt.  It was my first time doing this type of design and while it's far from perfect, I'm really pleased with the results and will definitely try it again soon.




Thanks for following along with me!



Talk to you soon,


Jessica 

Comments