Riley Blake Designs Project Tour- Woolen Flannel

 

Good Morning, Everyone!  Today I'm sharing the project I made for the Riley Blake Designs Project Tour for Woolen Flannel by Stacy West.

This collection is gorgeous.  It is made of high quality flannel that is printed to look like wool.  The flannel is super soft and dreamy.

Photo Credit: Riley Blake Designs

I decided to make the Little Trips quilt by Emily Dyer.  This quilt was super fun to make and I see myself going back to it again and again.  There are directions for yardage but also for cutting from scraps.


One of the things that made this quilt so fun to make (other than the gorgeous flannel I was using) was the fun sashing and border.  Here is a close up of the border.



Here is a look at my full quilt-


I can't WAIT to use this on a cold night later this year.  I made the top entirely with the Woolen Flannel collection.  For the background, I used Woolen Flannel Cream Herringbone F10644-Cream.

For the backing, I am going to use Riley Blake Shades Flannel in Brown.  I love all of the Shades that Riley Blake makes because I think they are really beautiful and interesting to add to your quilt.  Major bonus that a few color ways come in flannel too!!  Here is what it looks like-
Thank you for following along!




Talk to you soon,


Jessica

Comments

  1. Does this flannel make a lot of lint? I'm thinking sewing all those small pieces would generate a lot. This is just a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make more lint than quilting cotton. I cleaned my machine out a few times during piecing and it was okay.

      Delete

Post a Comment