Introducing: A Year in Solids!!

 

I'm so excited to introduce my new book!  I'm overjoyed with its release and I can't wait to share all about it with you!

Currently, you can purchase Year in Solids from:

The Quilters Crossing on Etsy (The Quilters Crossing also has kits for each month- HERE- pattern book sold separately from the quilt kits- free shipping when you buy a kit too!!)

Fat Quarter Shop HERE

Let me tell you the premise of this book.  I have always loved historical quilts and I always found myself wanting to recreate the designs and make those quilts.  In this book, that is what I set out to do!  I've designed 12 quilts- one for each month of the year- in solids.  By no means are you limited to the solids that I've used, any of these quilts would be gorgeous in other color combinations.

And as equally exciting as the book being released is that I will be hosting quilt alongs for every quilt in this book!  The plan was to start in January but the book's release was delayed so the plans are changing slightly.  Starting March 1st, we will begin this series of quilt alongs with the March quilt.  Then we will continue to make one quilt a month for the next 12 months until we make every quilt in the book!

Front Cover of 'Year in Solids' by Jessica Dayon

Let's talk a little more about my inspiration and then I'll show you all 12 designs in the book.

Here is the excerpt that I wrote which is found on the back of the book-

One thing I love about quilting is the rich history of it that I feel connected to every time I quilt.  I think about quilters past and I'm filled with emotion when I reflect on them hand cutting templates, transferring to fabric, and then hand cutting and sewing the pieces together.  It is an awe-inducing feeling.  I often find myself wanting to recreate so many of these historical quilts.  It is these quilts that were the inspiration for this book.

With a nod to the past, I designed these quilts with easier piecing methods than those used in older times.  I chose to make them mostly two color (some three) solid quilts.  I find creating in solids wonderfully serene.

I have designed 12 quilts -- one that corresponds to each month of the year.  I hope these quilts inspire you to create and I invite you to quilt ‘A Year in Solids’ with me.


Let's look at the designs!

January



February



March



April



May



June



July



August



September



October



November



December



Can you even stand it!?  I absolutely cannot wait to start sewing these!!  I'd love for you to sew along with me for one, a few, or all of them!

I used Riley Blakes Designs Confetti Cottons for every quilt.  If you have never used Confetti Cottons, I'd highly recommend giving them a try.  They are very high quality and have the best weight and feel to them that I have found in any solid that I've used.

In the book, you'll find the names of each Confetti Cotton that I used for each quilt right in the fabric requirement section.  Feel free to make color substitutions if you'd like!

As I mentioned above, here is the general quilt along schedule we will be following-

March 1-31, 2022- The March quilt

April 1-30, 2022- The April quilt

May 1-31, 2022- The May quilt

June 1-30, 2022- The June quilt

July 1-31, 2022- The July quilt

August 1-31, 2022- The August quilt

September 1-30, 2022- The September quilt

October 1-31, 2022- The October quilt

November 1-30, 2022- The November quilt

December 1-31, 2022- The December quilt

January 1-31, 2023- The January quilt

February 1-28, 2023- The February quilt

I will be making detailed, printable quilt along schedules for each month.  You'll be able to find them on my blog about 2 weeks before the individual quilt along starts.

I'll be posting here on my blog and also on Instagram (@jessicadayon) during the quilt alongs.  I'll be using the hashtags #ayearinsolids and #jessicadayonpatterns so if you are posting, I'd love for you to use those tags too so that I can see your progress and quilts.

Again, you can grab your copy of the book:

The Quilters Crossing on Etsy (The Quilters Crossing also has kits for each month- HERE- pattern book sold separately from the quilt kits- free shipping when you buy a kit too!!)

Fat Quarter Shop HERE

I'll be back on Monday (February 14th) to share the specific details of the March quilt & quilt along.  If you plan to sew along with me for one, a few, or all, grab your copy of the book and get ready!  This is going to be an amazing year of quilting 💖💖💖

Thanks for sewing with me!

Jessica

Comments