New Make: Caitlin Drawstring Bag


Do you follow Minki Kim on Instagram?  She makes the most gorgeous projects and fabric.  I have always wanted to try making her patterns but she makes them look so beautiful, I wasn't sure I could follow her patterns and make it look as good as she does.  But, I decided to try some of her patterns out and see how it went.

Yesterday, I made the Caylin Drawstring Bag.  It was such a fun pattern!  And, it turned out really great!





I made it using a linen and prints from Best Friends Forever by Stacy Iest Hsu.  I adore this fabric collection and I have been wanting to make something for my youngest daughter with this fabric so this project was just what I needed to use it.



The pattern looks really hard and, to be honest, I felt nervous making it (lol) but it really wasn't hard and the directions were easy to follow.  I couldn't find me wonder clips so I used pins and they worked the same.



You can find the Cailyn Drawstring Bag pattern on Minki's website- HERE.




And, I think I am going to be making a few more of these right away because my other kids each want one and I'd like one too!  I am also planning on making the Moments Zip Pouch and the Claire Zip Pouch.  I love making zipper pouches and these two look so pretty!


Talk to you soon,


Jessica

Comments

  1. So cute! I love her patterns too but haven’t tried yet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Minki makes them so perfect that it is almost intimidating because I did't think I could make it as perfect as hers. But, it really wasn't hard and the results were great! I'm going to try some zip pouches next. You should try one of them out!

      Delete

Post a Comment