Free pattern: 30s Stars Quilt



I am so excited to release my newest pattern!  This quilt is called 30s Stars.  To make it, I used the cutest reproduction line called Storytime 30s by Riley Blake Designs.  Every print in this line and the colors of each one are so gorgeous.  


When I wrote the pattern, I knew I wanted to use this new fabric but I was also thinking how great this pattern would be with scraps.  So, in the cutting section, I mentioned what you would need if you were working the print portions of the blocks from scraps.


Here is the layout of the entire quilt-



I am currently working on a tutorial for how to scallop the edges of this quilt but I received a bunch of requests for the pattern.  I am releasing it now and the directions in the pattern are for straight borders and straight of grain binding.  

Once the scalloping tutorial is ready, I'll update this post and link it to the scallop tutorial so that you can scallop the edges of this quilt if you'd like.  In case you don't know and you are looking to scallop the edges, make the whole quilt top as is in the pattern and quilt as desired.  Then, once it is quilted, stop at that point and look for my scallop tutorial.  It is at that point (after the quilting) that you draw the scallops on the quilt, cut the excess quilted fabric away, and then bind with bias binding.

As always, I've worked really hard to give you an easy-to-follow pattern.  I worked really hard to try to make the pattern error-free.  If you do find an error, please let me know so I can correct it right away.  Thank you and I hope you love this pattern as much as I do!





You can find the PDF of the pattern HERE

To stay up to date on all of my latest projects, free patterns, quilt alongs, and more, you can subscribe to my blog to get notified of new posts and you can follow me on Instagram here  Share what you made! Use the hashtags #30sstarsquilt #jessicadayonpatterns and tag me so I can see your version @jessicadayon


Talk to you soon,


Jessica

Comments

  1. Love the pattern and those 30’s prints! Thanks for sharing Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jessica! Love this with these beautiful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this cute pattern. I love blocks set on point, so this will be on my list for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessica, I was reading thru the pattern last night and have a question. There are setting rectangles/sashes between the blocks that should be 12.5" X 6.5" that are not listed in the background cutting info. Are these included in the background yardage or would you need more. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb, I'm sorry about that! You are correct, the sashing was left out of the cutting instructions and was not calculated in the fabric requirements. I have updated the PDF so you can download a new version or you can just mark on your copy that you'll need to cut 6- 12.5" x 42" strips, crosscut into 36- 6.5" x 12.5" rectangles. The total solid white background required to make the quilt is 4 3/4 yards. If you already purchased the 2 2/3 yard that was previously specified, you can purchase an additional 2 1/4 yards of what to cut the sashing from. I'm sorry about that mistake and thank you for bringing it to my attention. Thank you! Jessica

      Delete

Post a Comment