Peppermint Stars Quilt- Sew Along!



I am planning to make another Peppermint Stars quilt as Christmas gift for this year so I am posting the schedule that I'll be following in case anyone else wants to make it as well.

This isn't your typical quilt along.  Since we are approaching mid-November already and Christmas is a very busy making season, we will be working relatively quickly (compared to a regular quilt along).  I'm breaking the quilt down into tasks to be performed each day with hopes that I'll be finished with the top by December 7th.  Then I'll work on quilting and binding it.

Hopefully I can stay on track.  I'm making loads of other gifts for the holiday so this will be pushing it slightly, but that's ok.  If I fall behind, I'll gift it next year but I'm starting out optimistic!

Here is the quilt!  It is in the December 2019 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting.  You'll need the pattern in the magazine to make the quilt so get a copy before it's taken off of newsstands :)




Here is what the magazine looks like so you know when you are looking at the store-



All photos Used with permission from American Patchwork & Quilting® magazine. ©2019 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.


And, here is the schedule I'm hoping to follow!!

Week 1- Week of November 10th
Sunday- gather fabric
Monday - gather fabric
Tuesday - gather fabric
Wednesday - cut out red fabric
Thursday - cut out red fabric
Friday - cut out background fabric
Saturday - sew 2 at a time HSTs

Week 2- Week of November 17th
Sunday - day off
Monday - trim 30 HST
Tuesday - trim 25 HST
Wednesday - trim 25 HST
Thursday - sew 30 geese
Friday - sew 30 geese
Saturday - sew 20 geese

Week 3- Week of November 24th
Sunday - day off
Monday - work on the pinwheel centers
Tuesday - work on the pinwheel centers
Wednesday - work on the pinwheel centers
Thursday - assemble 10 blocks
Friday - assemble 10 blocks
Saturday - sew blocks together to make the center of the quilt top

Week 4- Week of December 1st
Sunday - day off
Monday - make 40- four patches
Tuesday - make 40- four patches
Wednesday - assemble 20 border blocks
Thursday - assemble 20 border blocks
Friday - sew side borders on
Saturday - sew top and bottom borders on

I have put the schedule in handy PDF so you can print it and follow along if you are interested in that.  I know I love checking things off as I do them.  You can find the printable HERE.


I'll be checking in on Instagram (@jessicadayon) and using the hashtags- #jessicadayonpatterns & #peppermintstarsquilt



Talk to you soon,

Jessica

Comments