Quilters' Spring Cleaning 30-day Challenge
Hi, Everyone! I have a fun challenge to share with you today!
Amber of Gigi's Thimble and I have collaborated on another fun project- the Quilters' Spring Cleaning 30-Day Challenge!!
We have been loving the Willow QAL and wanted to come up with something new to do and this is what we thought up.
The challenge will begin on Friday, May 1st (that's in just TWO days!) and will end on May 30th.
It will include 30 tasks that will help you get your sewing space clean and organized!
We are aiming to spend approximately 30 minutes each day on a task.
Here is the list of tasks:
1. Organize a drawer
2. List all projects & kits
3. Organize rulers
4. Purge unwanted projects/kits
5. Sort scraps
6. Organize red, pink & yellow fabrics
7. Change rotary blades
8. Clean off one surface – chair, table top, etc.
9. Organize orange & green fabrics
10. Organize threads
11. Pre-wind bobbins
12. Organize blue & purple fabrics
13. Organize books and magazines
14. Piece batting remnants
15. Organize black, grey & brown fabrics
16. Clean & oil sewing machine, replace needle
17. Wash or replace ironing board cover
18. Organize white & low-volume fabrics
19. List 12 WIP goals & make corresponding slips of paper.
Each month pull out a slip of paper & work on that goal.
20. Organize patterns
21. Clean iron
22. Organize a drawer
23. Organize pre-cuts
24. Inventory supplies & notions, make shopping list
25. Dust shelves, tables, window sills & baseboards
26. Clean cutting mat
27. Organize yardage
28. Make backings for WIPS
29. Make bindings for WIPS
30. Remove all trash & vacuum
If you'd like to print the list out, click HERE
for the Quilter's Spring Cleaning 30-Day Challenge PDF we've created for you!
We'll be posting about this challenge mostly on Instagram but wanted to provide
a landing page with all the details and the printable list of tasks.
So who wants to join us in getting our sewing spaces in tip-top shape?
Are you up for it?
Be sure to tag us- @jessicadayon and @gigis_thimble on Instagram if you decide to join! We'd love to share this with you all each day of May and celebrate the progress we have made!
We will be using the hashtag #quiltersspringcleaning for this challenge.
Can't wait to start! Talk to you soon,