Willow Quilt Along- Week 3



Hi, Everyone!  Welcome to the third week of the Willow Quilt Along!  I'm hosting this QAL with my friend, Amber- Gigi's Thimble and today we are starting the third week!

Here's the schedule for you to reference-


Willow Quilt Along Schedule
Week 2- April 2nd: Make 4 Grace blocks
Week 3- April 9th: Make 4 Grace blocks
Week 4- April 16th: Make 6 Hope blocks
Week 5- April 23rd: Make 5 Hope blocks
Week 6- April 30th: Make the cornerstones and cut the layout pieces
Week 7- May 7th: Assemble the top

There is no sign up for the QAL.  We will be sharing all of the information on our blogs and instagram accounts.  You can follow us in both places so you don't miss anything.

Jessica- my blog is Jessica Dayon and my Instagram account is @jessicadayon

Amber- her blog is Gigi's Thimble and her Instagram account is @gigisthimble

Amber and I thought it would be fun to do a get-to-know-you question every week.  This week we will both tell you what other hobbies we have beside quilting.  

I have lots which steadily compete for my time 😂😂😂

I love cooking and gardening.  Right now we are gardening quite a bit here!  We recently put out all of our cold weather veggies and have the warm weather ones already growing inside.  Last year we were lucky enough to purchase a plot of land that was vacant right next to our house.  We put in fruit trees and bushes and we have been tending that.  It nice to be outside taking care of them.  Cooking and baking have always been favorites of mine.  I love making up my own recipes and trying lots of others people's recipes.

My other hobbies include crochet, cross stitch, embroidery, felt crafting, and paper crafting.  I pretty much love any craft.  This is my latest crochet blanket that I'm working on.  I have all the squares joined and I'm currently working on the border.



You can read Amber's post here!  We'd love it if you would tell us about yourself in the comments on one of our blogs or on our Instagram post!


This week we are making 4 more Grace Blocks.  You can find the pattern HERE.

Here is what my grace block looks like.  (I'm using two dark colors here instead of one because I wanted to tie the red in with my Harmony blocks.)




I am sewing these blocks along side of you so, I'll post my pictures when I have them sewn!

We'd love to see your fabric pulls and your progress through the QAL, so if you are on Instagram, use the hashtag #willowqal and tag us both- @jessicadayon and @gigisthimble

Let me know if you have any other questions!


Talk to you soon,


Jessica

Comments

  1. Happy Easter Jessica & Amber! Hope you both & your families have blessed days. I thought I would answer the “tell us about yourself.”
    I am from Pineville, LA ; however, the first 4-1/2 yrs of my life we lived in Boston, MA where my father’s family was from.
    I met my husband in pharmacy school, and we married shortly following graduation. We have 2 grown daughters, oldest us married with a 6 month old son living in Houston. Our youngest is in nursing school clinicals in Baton Rouge, LA but of course home In pineville for quarantine.
    I taught myself how to sew when pregnant with 1st daughter. Then many years later, taught myself to quilt when my daughter was pregnant with her 1st.
    So I’ve been quilting since November 2019, and literally want to quilt 24/7 seriously!! I love it that much!
    Thank you for this qal. I admire you both as inspiring, professional quilters!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment