Willow Quilt Along- Week 5



Hi, Everyone!  Welcome to the fifth week of the Willow Quilt Along!  I'm hosting this QAL with my friend, Amber- Gigi's Thimble and today starts Week 5!

Here's the schedule for you to reference-


Willow Quilt Along Schedule
Week 6- April 30th: Make the cornerstones and cut the layout pieces
Week 7- May 7th: Assemble the top

There is no sign up for the QAL.  We will be sharing all of the information on our blogs and instagram accounts.  You can follow us in both places so you don't miss anything.

Jessica- my blog is Jessica Dayon and my Instagram account is @jessicadayon

Amber- her blog is Gigi's Thimble and her Instagram account is @gigisthimble

Amber and I thought it would be fun to do a get-to-know-you question every week.  This week the question is- what is best vacation you have been on and why?  

I've been lucky to visit quite a few places on vacation.  When I was younger, I loved going away.  Now, the introvert in me wants to stay close to home usually.  We do try to take one trip a year though.  One of my favorite recent vacations was to Lake George.  It was the first time we went away with all four of my kids.  My fourth baby was born in April and in June we took our vacation.  My children were 2 months, 2 years, 4 years, and 6 years.  There were parts of the vacation that were so hard- like the drive there where everyone in the car was crying at once (including me and except my husband haha) because the ride was SO long for us.  But its far enough away now that it is laughable. But we just had such a great time, exploring the area, hiking, relaxing, etc...  I have such a sweet memories from our time there.

You can read Amber's post here!  We'd love it if you would tell us about yourself in the comments on one of our blogs or on our Instagram post!


AND, this week we are making 5 Hope Blocks.  This is the last week for blocks!!  Can you believe it?  Next week we start working on the cornerstones and layout!

You can find the pattern for the Hope block on Amber's page- HERE.

We'd love to see your progress through the QAL, so if you are on Instagram, use the hashtag #willowqal and tag us both- @jessicadayon and @gigisthimble

Let me know if you have any other questions!


Talk to you soon,


Jessica

Comments